Amanda-Users

amrecover not recovering

2002-08-05 22:01:42
Subject: amrecover not recovering
From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens AT sistina DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:47:10 -0500
Here's my setup:
        debian stable box with amanda 2.4.2
        tar 1.13.25
        A DLT4k tape drive

So i had a catastrophic system disk failure, the data was on an LV which was
made up of a PV on the system disk and a PV on an entirely seperate disk.
Basically i'm considering the LV and it's data gone, and am resorting to the
tapes.

When I run
# amrestore -p /dev/nst0 samba2 vg0/lv0 | tar -xv

I get:

amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20020704 label Daily-05
amrestore:   1: skipping samba2.hda3.20020704.0
amrestore:   2: skipping homer.hda1.20020704.0
amrestore:   3: restoring samba2.vg0_lv0.20020704.1
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
root@homer:/home/scratch/restore# ls

Any ideas? I'm looking into getting the one PV brought back to life so I can
use debugfs to snag what data I can off of it.

--
Ben Lutgens                              | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator     | http://www.sistina.com/

"I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
Droids now do ya?"