ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems

2009-06-05 17:44:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:43:21 +0200
On 5 jun 2009, at 23:32, Clark, Robert A wrote:

TSM server 6.1 supports Windows server on x32 Intel, Linux on x32
not so
much? I just wish the x345 I picked up on CL was 64bit.

For some reason, very early in the project support for 32 bit linux
has been dropped. I know there was at one time a 32bit linux build,
why IBM decided to drop support for 32bit linux beats me.

As for TSM on Linux, I've been running it in my home lab since version
5.5.0.0 without any problems. 5.5.0.0 only went down for hardware
(vmware) maintenance. I'm ready to go to 6.1 as soon as I'm confident
that 6.1 has stabilized (and the virtual volume server has been
upgraded to 6.1). I'd think that would be at about 6.1.3 as things are
now.

To me, I'd choose Linux over Windows any time. It's a pity that Intel
still sells 'server' CPU's that can't run 64bit code....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl