ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems

2009-06-03 05:35:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 Installation Problems
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 11:33:50 +0200
Hi,

On 3 jun 2009, at 10:57, mfrank wrote:

The installation of TSM 6.1 is very time-consuming and it makes me
insecure if thinking about an 5.5 update.

I have installed TSM 6.1 on various platforms (AIX, Linux (OpenSUSE
and Debian) and windows 2k3) several times. It takes some getting used
to, but is actually not that much harder than 5.5....

Upgrading the database does take some time, but it appears to be much
faster than an audit ;-) I've just done a test conversion of my 5.5
database (about 1 GB... test) to 6.1.1 without much problems.

Having said that, it's all in the preparation. My upgrade-plan for
production environments is long! ;)

Has anybody else installed or updated the newest release?

Mike

--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post