Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Capabilities of Bacula 7.0.5

2015-10-17 00:54:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Capabilities of Bacula 7.0.5
From: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 18:52:05 -1000
Hello,

Looking over the manual, it appears open source Bacula 7.0.5 can do the following. However,  I'd like to confirm via this list if possible just to make sure I didn't misunderstand something.  Also, are they easy to setup and is performance good?

- Synthetic Backups which I assume is Virtual Backups in Bacula
- Encryption at rest and in transit
- Bare Metal Restores - however, I'm not sure if this is still in development
- Deduplication

Last, is setup of the above easier and performance more robust in Bacula Enterprise?

Best regards,
-craig