Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "column "volabytes" does not exist"

2015-10-15 19:00:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "column "volabytes" does not exist"
From: Doug Sampson <dougs AT dawnsign DOT com>
To: 'Phil Stracchino' <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:54:52 +0000
> > I've revised the version to 14 and executed the script giving me this
> error message:
> >

> > root@pisces:/usr/local/share/bacula# ./update_postgresql_tables
> >
> > This script will update a Bacula MySQL database from version 12-14 to 15
> >
> > Depending on the current version of your catalog, you may have to run
> this script
> >         multiple times
> >
> > psql:<stdin>:2: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "status_pkey"
> > DETAIL:  Key (jobstatus)=(I) already exists.
> > psql:<stdin>:3: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
> > psql:<stdin>:4: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
> > psql:<stdin>:5: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
> > psql:<stdin>:6: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
> > psql:<stdin>:7: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
> > psql:<stdin>:23: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
> "snapshot_snapshotid_seq1" for serial column "snapshot.snapshotid"
> > psql:<stdin>:23: ERROR:  relation "snapshot" already exists
> > psql:<stdin>:27: ERROR:  relation "snapshot_idx" already exists
> > UPDATE 6
> > Update of Bacula PostgreSQL tables 14 to 15 succeeded.
> > SET
> > root@pisces:/usr/local/share/bacula#
>
> OK.  The first thing this appears to be telling you is that you executed
> the script as a user that does not actually own all of the bacula
> database.  You might try running it as the postgres administrative user,
> or you might check the ownership of the tables and make certain they are
> actually owned by bacula.
>
> Beyond that, I am out of the depth of my postgresql knowledge, and must
> defer to someone who knows a lot more about postgresql than I do.

I finally determined who actually owns the bacula database and ran the script
as that user. It went through with a few minor errors as follows:

$ /usr/local/share/bacula/update_postgresql_tables

This script will update a Bacula MySQL database from version 12-14 to 15

Depending on the current version of your catalog, you may have to run this
script
        multiple times

psql:<stdin>:2: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"status_pkey"
DETAIL:  Key (jobstatus)=(I) already exists.
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
psql:<stdin>:23: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
"snapshot_snapshotid_seq1" for serial column "snapshot.snapshotid"
psql:<stdin>:23: ERROR:  relation "snapshot" already exists
psql:<stdin>:27: ERROR:  relation "snapshot_idx" already exists
UPDATE 6
Update of Bacula PostgreSQL tables 14 to 15 succeeded.
SET
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
$

I ran a backup job and it is still chugging away instead of aborting right away
like it earlier this morning.

Should I be concerned with the minor errors listed about related to existing
keys and relations? I think not but...

Thanks, Phil, for pointing me in the right direction! Much appreciated!

~Doug