Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "column "volabytes" does not exist"

2015-10-15 14:04:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "column "volabytes" does not exist"
From: Doug Sampson <dougs AT dawnsign DOT com>
To: 'Phil Stracchino' <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:02:48 +0000
> >> This query should do it, assuming your Bacula schema is named 'bacula'
> >> and you haven't skipped any intervening DB versions before the current
> 15:
> >>
> >> update bacula.Version set VersionId = 14;
> >
> > Forgive my ignorance but at this point, I am unsure which choice to
> choose:
> >

> > *update bacula.Version set VersionId = 14;
> > Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
> > Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> > Update choice:
> >      1: Volume parameters
> >      2: Pool from resource
> >      3: Slots from autochanger
> >      4: Long term statistics
> >      5: Snapshot parameters
> > Choose catalog item to update (1-5):
>

> No, not within bconsole.  That's a direct SQL query to be executed in
> your database.  I'm sorry that wasn't clear.
>
> You should stop Bacula; connect directly to your database; run the SQL
> query, modifying as necessary if your Bacula catalog database is not
> called 'bacula'; and re-run the update tables script, recording the
> error messages this time.  Then report the errors.  That should give us
> enough information to advise you on solving your problem.

I realized soon after I posted that it was a SQL query!

I've revised the version to 14 and executed the script giving me this error
message:

root@pisces:/usr/local/share/bacula# ./update_postgresql_tables

This script will update a Bacula MySQL database from version 12-14 to 15

Depending on the current version of your catalog, you may have to run this
script
        multiple times

psql:<stdin>:2: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"status_pkey"
DETAIL:  Key (jobstatus)=(I) already exists.
psql:<stdin>:3: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
psql:<stdin>:4: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
psql:<stdin>:5: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
psql:<stdin>:6: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
psql:<stdin>:7: ERROR:  must be owner of relation media
psql:<stdin>:23: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
"snapshot_snapshotid_seq1" for serial column "snapshot.snapshotid"
psql:<stdin>:23: ERROR:  relation "snapshot" already exists
psql:<stdin>:27: ERROR:  relation "snapshot_idx" already exists
UPDATE 6
Update of Bacula PostgreSQL tables 14 to 15 succeeded.
SET
root@pisces:/usr/local/share/bacula#

I'm not sure what to make of this.

~Doug