Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall traversal

2011-06-20 14:00:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall traversal
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: Kevin O'Connor <kevin.oconnor AT arc90 DOT com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:56:18 +0100
Hi,

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> I understand how it's supposed to work (FD to SD), that's why I'm asking if
> there was some cryptic config option or something I was missing to make it
> do the reverse.  It exists as Active/Passive in FTP, so it's not too crazy
> to think something similar might exist for Bacula.  I guess not though.
>
> I'll look into the SSH tunneling, hopefully it won't be too bad!

An alternative, if the hosts aren't windows would be to set up IPv6.  You
could apply to sixxs or one of the other tunnel vendors for a tunnel on
each network and then apply for a /48 for inside the NATed network.  That
should be less CPU-intensive and more natural than ssh tunnels.

If you haven't used IPv6 yet this would be a bit of an adventure and take a
little research, but then, these days it's probably quite a timely
adventure.

Gavin