Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall traversal

2011-06-23 04:18:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall traversal
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:15:43 +0300
23.6.2011 4:28, Dan Langille kirjoitti:

> On Jun 22, 2011, at 9:18 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
>> wrote:

>>> No, there is not.
>>>
>>> I highly recommend OpenVPN.  It simplifies a great many things.
>>

>> So I've followed that SSH tunneling article, but I see that the FD on the
>> remote server outside of the firewall is trying to connect to 172.16.x.x,
>> which is what the SD resolves to inside of our network.  I've followed the
>> instructions in the article to add the SD FQDN to /etc/hosts to make it
>> resolve to 127.0.0.1, but somehow this 172.16.x.x address is getting passed
>> along.
>
> I can't comment.  You didn't provide the URL to the document you are
> following.  Please don't expect us to search for it.  :)
>

> What host has the SD resolve to localhost?  Nobody should need that.

ssh-tunnel solutions requires that on the fd machine. There sshd listens
on localhost on behalf of SD, and forwards the connection over the tunnel.

The document is on Bacula wiki page, and it works. I have implemented
ssh-tunneling per the document, and I have no problems.

>> Does the Bacula Director resolve that FQDN and pass the IP along instead of
>> passing the FQDN?  I'm talking about what's specified in bacula-sd.conf.
>>
>> Thanks!

Are you sure you have the FQDN in the Bacula config file, and not the
172.xx IP-address?

I have followed the same doc, and my setup just works.

--

The true Southern watermelon is a boon apart, and not to be mentioned with
commoner things.  It is chief of the world's luxuries, king by the grace