Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall traversal

2011-06-27 20:22:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall traversal
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Kevin O'Connor <kevino AT arc90 DOT com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:18:46 -0400

On Jun 27, 2011, at 6:27 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

It's set to files dns, if I ping the hostname it comes up as 127.0.0.1.  There's no way that this could be known by the 172.17.x.x address unless the Director was translating it and passing it over - there's not even a 172.x.x.x address configured on the client machine.  I'm really confused here, any ideas?  The SSH tunnel is open and looks to be working, but for some reason the FD just keeps wanting to connect over 172.17.x.x instead.

One of your basic assumptions is incorrect.  I don't know what it is, but something, somewhere is wrong.

Verify that your  bacula-dir.conf configuration is correct.

Verify that the job in question is using the SD in question.

Verify that said storage device in bacula-sd.conf has Address = 127.0.0.1

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org