Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about the Scratch pool directive

2010-02-02 16:43:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about the Scratch pool directive
From: Robert Hartzell <bear AT rwhartzell DOT net>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:40:25 -0700
On 02/ 2/10 02:20 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>> If bacula can not find an appendable volume by other means (recycle,
>> etc...) bacula will,
>>
>> a) move a volume from the scratch pool to the Full pool
> yes. Bacula will automatically grab a volume from the Scratch Pool
>
>> b) the volume will not be renamed
> yes. The volume name stays the same.
>
>> c) the volume will be updated with the attributes of the Full pool
> I believe so. Although I could be wrong.
>
> I have never used the RecyclePool so not sure of that.
>
> John

Thanks John

It would seem reasonable (to me anyways) that the attributes would be
updated to reflect the current pool. There isn't much in the way of
documentation regarding this feature so hopefully someone can verify one
way or the other and I dont have to set up a test to find out.

--
   Robert W Hartzell
bear at rwhartzell.net
   RwHartzell.Net