Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't find the tape changer

2010-01-19 13:24:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't find the tape changer
From: "John BORIS" <jboris AT adphila DOT org>
To: "ganiuszka" <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:08:59 -0500
I have a PowerVault 124T. Under RHEL 5.
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SUPER    Model: GEM318           Rev: 0
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 01 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SUPER    Model: GEM318           Rev: 0
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD0 RAID5 30505R Rev: 1L19
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SEAGATE  Model: DAT    9SP40-000 Rev: 911D
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: CERTANCE Model: ULTRIUM 2        Rev: 1826
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 01
  Vendor: DELL     Model: PV-124T          Rev: 0031
  Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02

The changer is at:
/dev/sg5

The tape drive on this changer is at:
Data Node           /dev/st1
No Rewind Node      /dev/nst1

The tape drive and changer did work under Bacula when the system was
running Fedora Core 3. Since I had to upgrade to RHEL 5 I have had
issues getting Bacula running but that has been just me being dumb.

Hope this helps.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"

>>> ganiuszka <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com> 1/19/2010 11:25 AM >>>

Here is a instruction about Dell PowerVault 124T and LUNs under Linux.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/stor-sys/124t/en/124tvs16/install.html#enabling_lun_linux

Subject "Enabling LUN Support in Linux"

Maybe this is the solution.

Regards.
Marcin

Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts
the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established
companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev