BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to force full backups on weekends?

2011-04-14 16:04:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to force full backups on weekends?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:02:24 -0400
Jake Wilson wrote at about 10:04:42 -0600 on Thursday, April 14, 2011:
 > I did search Google and researched the topic in the wiki and documentation
 > and the only thing I could find remotely related was the cron scheduling
 > page in the wiki.  If a question is asked (and answered) a lot I guess I
 > would expect to see the best solutions at least listed on the wiki.  But
 > it's not.  Sorry for 'wasting' your time.

You must not be very good at Google ;)

Googling: backuppc full weekend
(those are the 3 key words used based on your own first sentence "I'd like to
make sure that full backups only occur on the weekends)

And what do you know... THE *FIRST* (non-advertisement) Google result
is...
        Re: [BackupPC-users] Restrict machine to do full backups Friday ...
        Mar 30, 2011 ... Re: [BackupPC-users] Restrict machine to do full
        backups Friday night ... that machine to exclude everything except for
        the weekend > -- or ...
        http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/BackupPC-users/2011-03/msg00339.html

Which is *exactly the thread from less than 2 weeks ago that I was
referencing... So, really now, is googling that hard? Is looking
through the last 13 days of archives that difficult?