BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to force full backups on weekends?

2011-04-14 13:50:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to force full backups on weekends?
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Jake Wilson <jake.wilson AT answeron DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:48:52 +0200
Hi,

Jake Wilson wrote on 2011-04-14 10:04:42 -0600 [Re: [BackupPC-users] How to
force full backups on weekends?]:
> I did search Google and researched the topic in the wiki and documentation
> and the only thing I could find remotely related was the cron scheduling
> page in the wiki.

in my opinion, that is exactly the right place, so if you found that, your
search was good - probably even very good, because the name of the page is not
good ;-).

The problem is, if you *know* the answer, you'll find it on that page. It's
just not obvious (and it should be, because it's intended for people who
*don't* know the answer yet).

> If a question is asked (and answered) a lot I guess I
> would expect to see the best solutions at least listed on the wiki.

I agree with you there. As for me, I have, in the past, spent my energy on
answering questions here rather than in the wiki. I would have loved to have a
*good* wiki page to point to instead, but I never got around to putting any
time into it. This time, I edited the wiki page instead. I would be greatly
interested if my changes clear anything up or confuse matters further (and
whether they answer your question). If they don't, keep asking. That's the
only way we'll ever get answers into the wiki (that people other than
ourselves understand).

And Jeffrey, if you could give me a pointer to the previous thread, I'll add
anything from there, or you could, of course, also do that yourself ;-).

Regards,
Holger