BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to force full backups on weekends?

2011-04-14 12:26:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to force full backups on weekends?
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:23:51 -0400
On 4/14/2011 12:04 PM, Jake Wilson wrote:
> I did search Google and researched the topic in the wiki and
> documentation and the only thing I could find remotely related was the
> cron scheduling page in the wiki.  If a question is asked (and
> answered) a lot I guess I would expect to see the best solutions at
> least listed on the wiki.  But it's not.  Sorry for 'wasting' your time.

The reason you didn't find anything other than cron scheduling is that
BackupPC does not have any features for strict scheduling of backups.
The best it can do is to schedule the full backup as "1 week from the
last successful full backup" and this is susceptible to creep due to
failed backups (Saturday's full backup fails, so it tries again on
Sunday...future full backups are now done on Sundays).  If you need
something more structured, you have to go to cron.

--
Bowie