BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] vmware/virtuabox/etc.?

2009-04-09 04:31:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] vmware/virtuabox/etc.?
From: "Koen Linders" <koen.linders AT koca DOT be>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:28:21 +0200
I did a little test with my laptop.

VMware server 2.0 free download
Memory available for OS 384 MB
Debian etch
Freecom Hard Drive Pro 250 GB USB2 disk formatted ext3 bs 4096

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb1 bs=4k count=300k
307200+0 records in
307200+0 records out
1258291200 bytes (1.3 GB) copied, 63.8275 seconds, 19.7 MB/s

dd of=/dev/null if=/dev/sdb1 bs=4k count=300k
307200+0 records in
307200+0 records out
1258291200 bytes (1.3 GB) copied, 70.719 seconds, 17.8 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb1 bs=64k count=100k
102400+0 records in
102400+0 records out
6710886400 bytes (6.7 GB) copied, 324.055 seconds, 20.5 MB/s

If you want another test, i can easily install something else on this VM
debian, cause it's only a test system.

Greetings,
Koen Linders