BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?

2009-04-08 15:57:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?
From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 21:50:57 +0200

Il 08.04.09 21:31, "Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom" <chrome AT real-time DOT com> ha
scritto:

> On 04/08 08:22 , Boniforti Flavio wrote:
>>> it's just part of the storage format. the files there are compressed, and
>>> not in their original form.
>>
>> Ah, well... So I can't copy or access those files when they're synced over?
>
> if they're compressed, you'll need the backuppc tools to uncompress them
> (unless you implement your own equivalents with perl; which may not be
> difficult for an experienced perlmonger -- I don't know).

Why do you say "IF" they're compressed? How do I define if they get stored
in compressed format, while still maintaining compression during the
transfer?

> does 'find' give you the same output?

I'm not used to use "find", will do it next time...

> What happens when you 'su -' to backuppc and run
> /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -f -v <hostname>
> ?
> you should see how your backup is doing.

OK, as posted in my other message (the one with the log excerpts), running
as you suggested (manually), I got the process being somehow stuck at:

Sending empty csums for vito/ntuser.ini
Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1

What do you think?

Thanks again,