BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?

2009-04-08 16:44:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?
From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:41:56 +0200

Il 08.04.09 22:27, "Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom" <chrome AT real-time DOT com> ha
scritto:

> On 04/08 09:50 , Boniforti Flavio wrote:
>> Why do you say "IF" they're compressed? How do I define if they get stored
>> in compressed format, while still maintaining compression during the
>> transfer?
>
> it's a setting in /etc/backuppc/config.pl
> read through the file; it's worthwhile documentation for the whole program.

As I'm lookin at the file, I discovered

$Conf{ArchiveComp} = 'gzip';
$Conf{CompressLevel} = '3';

Should I put *both* of them respectively to 'none' and '0'?

>> OK, as posted in my other message (the one with the log excerpts), running
>> as you suggested (manually), I got the process being somehow stuck at:
>>
>> Sending empty csums for vito/ntuser.ini
>> Sending csums, cnt = 0, phase = 1
>
> not seen that before.
> what are the lines before it?

There are only "Sending empty csums" for each file that has been found and
put in the filelist. You can see the excerpt in my post with timestamp
21:43...