BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?

2009-04-13 12:53:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:48:40 -0500
On 04/08 10:41 , Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> As I'm lookin at the file, I discovered
>
> $Conf{ArchiveComp} = 'gzip';
> $Conf{CompressLevel} = '3';
>
> Should I put *both* of them respectively to 'none' and '0'?

no, just one or the other should suffice.
In any case, you really do want compression in most cases.
the only exception that I use, is when you're backing up the local machine.
This way you can still recover the files even without backuppc. (It would be
silly to need backuppc to recover the backuppc config files, wouldn't it?)

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator