BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?

2009-04-08 15:38:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:31:07 -0500
On 04/08 08:22 , Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> > it's just part of the storage format. the files there are compressed, and
> > not in their original form.
>
> Ah, well... So I can't copy or access those files when they're synced over?

if they're compressed, you'll need the backuppc tools to uncompress them
(unless you implement your own equivalents with perl; which may not be
difficult for an experienced perlmonger -- I don't know).

> The problem is that there are *no new* directories created under "new",
> simply this (out of more than 300MB):
>
> storebox:/var/lib/backuppc/pc/mail.omvsa.ch/new# tree
> .
> `-- fprofilo
>     `-- fangelo
>         `-- fApplication Data
>             `-- fMicrosoft
>                 `-- fForms
>
> That leads me to believe, something is *not* working. No rsync process is
> running on my Linux box, but after 4 hours, the ssh tunnel is still open!

does 'find' give you the same output?

What happens when you 'su -' to backuppc and run
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -f -v <hostname>
?
you should see how your backup is doing.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator