BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?

2009-04-08 14:26:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What is it doing? How to see progess?
From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:22:10 +0200

Il 08.04.09 19:14, "Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom" <chrome AT real-time DOT com> ha
scritto:

> On 04/08 05:02 , Boniforti Flavio wrote:
>> Also, when looking into /var/lib/backuppc/pc/mail.omvsa.ch I see a "new"
>> folder, and in it "fprofilo": why has there been an "f" added in front
>> of the rsync module name?
>
> it's just part of the storage format. the files there are compressed, and
> not in their original form.

Ah, well... So I can't copy or access those files when they're synced over?

>> Last but not least: how do I check the progress status of my backup?
>
> it's not easy; but you can sort of keep an eye on it by watching new
> directories appear under /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<hostname>/new; and monitoring
> how much data has appeared there with 'du -sch'.

The problem is that there are *no new* directories created under "new",
simply this (out of more than 300MB):

storebox:/var/lib/backuppc/pc/mail.omvsa.ch/new# tree
.
`-- fprofilo
    `-- fangelo
        `-- fApplication Data
            `-- fMicrosoft
                `-- fForms

That leads me to believe, something is *not* working. No rsync process is
running on my Linux box, but after 4 hours, the ssh tunnel is still open!

Need help...

Thanks,
Flavio Boniforti.