BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Almost working

2008-10-14 22:30:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Almost working
From: "Kenneth L. Owen" <tx836519 AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:24:59 -0400
BackupPC_dump path = /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_dump      Verified

$Conf{MyPath} = '/bin';         # unchanged
$Conf{DfPath} = '/bin/df';      # unchaged, verified correct
$Conf{DfCmd} = '$dfPath $topDir';       # unchanged
$Conf{SplitPath} = '/usr/bin/split';    # unchanged, verified
$Conf{ParPath}   = '';                  # unchanged
$Conf{CatPath}   = '/bin/cat';          # unchanged, verified
$Conf{GzipPath}  = '/usr/bin/gzip';     # unchanged, verified
$Conf{Bzip2Path} = '/usr/bin/bzip2';    # unchanged, verified
$Conf{ServerInitdPath} = '/etc/init.d/backuppc';        # unchanged,
verified
$Conf{ServerInitdStartCmd} = '$ServerInitdPath start';  # unchanged,
verified
$Conf{SmbClientPath} = '/usr/bin/smbclient';    # verified
$Conf{BackupPCdPath} = '';              # unchanged
$Conf{BackupPCdRestoreCmd} = '$bpcdPath TODO';  # unchanged
$Conf{NmbLookupPath} = '/usr/bin/nmblookup';    # unchanged, verified
$Conf{PingPath} = '/bin/ping';          # unchanged, verified
$Conf{RsyncClientPath} = '/usr/bin/rsync';              # verified
$Conf{SshPath} = '/usr/bin/ssh';        # unchanged, verified

The command line you sent was:
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/backuppc_dump -v -f WinServer

Looks like I just need to get the CapitalizaTion right on BackupPC and it
should work.
/usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f WinServer

First test after correcting the capitalization failed with the following
errors:

Remote[1]: rsync: link_stat "/winserver/SHARE1/." failed: No such file or
directory (2)
Remote[1]: rsync: link_stat "/winserver/SHARE2/." failed: No such file or
directory (2)

I opened config.pl and changed the share names to '/media/SHARE1' and
'/media/SHARE2'.

I reran the dump command line.  Looks like this fixed the problem as I
started getting a list of files from the first folder on SHARE1.

I aborted the dump command and ran BackupPC to request a full backup.  Job
started and is running as I type.

That only leaves one issue:  I can't log into the web GUI from the Windows
server.  I have ssl setup and can get the default web page with
https://Archiver/  but https://Archiver/BackupPC/ gets a 403 screen - Not
Authorized .  This is the same line that I use on Archiver to pull up the
BackupPC GUI.  -- ken