BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Almost working

2008-10-13 22:29:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Almost working
From: "Kenneth L. Owen" <tx836519 AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: <royden.yates AT gmail DOT com>, "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:27:08 -0400
Mr. Yates,
Since Fedora 8 had BackupPC included in the distribution, user backuppc was
already in existence and set for no logon.  As root the su -s line changes
the user to 'backuppc'.  The test below is run as backuppc user on the
archive machine establishing a connection to the client machine and asking
"whoami" with a response from the client of "root".  This proves that the
ssh-keys are working so no password is required and that backuppc has root
authority on the client.  This test was run on an earlier post with IP
address instead of hostname.  This was to repeat the test using hostname.
- ken