BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Almost working

2008-10-13 04:41:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Almost working
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <nils AT lemonbit DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:39:14 +0200
Stephen Vaughan wrote:

> Why use Fedora at all?? Debian is your friend

If you're used to the Fedora way (a.k.a. Red Hat way) of things and
want a distribution with a long lifecycle then I'd say CentOS (or RHEL
if you need paid support) is a better choice than Debian. Debian is a
fine distribution AFAIK, but uses a different package manager,
different paths, etc. Not necessarily better or worse in my opinion,
but if you just got started using Fedora then CentOS is probably much
more familiar territory.

Nils Breunese.