Amanda-Users

Re: runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]

2005-07-13 17:22:54
Subject: Re: runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:09:43 +0200
Matt Hyclak wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 02:45:28PM -0600, Graeme Humphries enlightened us:

JFYI, I never had problems with the Debian Amanda packages (except for a
problem with cdrw-taper, where the default config file contained a typo)...

I'd second this, under both Debian and Ubuntu. The only issue I ever saw
was outdated config examples, which isn't super critical.

How are tapeserver and indexserver defined then? They can't know at build
time what that server is. You can use amanda packages from RH as is, but
it's not the recommended way of doing things since they have to use localhost.

Somehow off-topic here ...

localhost-issue again:

What do you all think about that:

Instead of just having amcheck throwing a WARNING for stuff like localhost* inside disklist, I suggest throwing an ERROR.

Better an error in amcheck than an error in amrecover ...

Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member