Amanda-Users

Re: runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]

2005-07-13 17:31:02
Subject: Re: runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:16:29 -0600
On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 17:03 -0400, Matt Hyclak wrote:
> How are tapeserver and indexserver defined then?
> They can't know at build
> time what that server is.

Debian ships two amanda packages, amanda-server and amanda-client. The
stuff in amanda-server I believe has these default to localhost, since
if course you'd only install that package on the server. Amanda-client
contains things that don't care, from what I recall.

> You can use amanda packages from RH as is, but
> it's not the recommended way of doing things since they have to use localhost.

What's wrong with using localhost?