Amanda-Users

runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]

2005-07-13 11:42:15
Subject: runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]
From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:05:29 -0500
I have set up a client for amanda to backup. The amanda server runs as user backup, so I set up the client to be run by backup as well. I am getting errors in my amanda main report:

moe        /tmp/rt3.backup lev 0 FAILED [disk /tmp/rt3.backup, all estimate
failed]

In the sendsize log I see the following line:

runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]

Everything else in the logs looks to me like the backup user is running things and is authenticated. Am I misreading something, or is the problem elsewhere?

amandad: time 0.001: bsd security: remote host morimoto.progeny.com user backup
local user backup

amandad: time 0.001: amandahosts security check passed

amandad: time 0.001: running service "/usr/lib64/amanda/sendsize"

TIA,
Vicki