Amanda-Users

Re: runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]

2005-07-13 13:07:23
Subject: Re: runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:48:03 -0400
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:05:29AM -0500, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
> I have set up a client for amanda to backup. The amanda server runs as
> user backup, so I set up the client to be run by backup as well. I am
> getting errors in my amanda main report:
>
> moe        /tmp/rt3.backup lev 0 FAILED [disk /tmp/rt3.backup, all estimate
> failed]
>

> In the sendsize log I see the following line:
>
> runtar: error [must be invoked by amanda]

Looks like the executable was compiled with the default amanda user, "amanda".
Thus, it expects to be run only by a user named amanda.

After compile you decided to name the amanda user "backup".
The excutables on the client must be compiled to know of this.

   configure --with-?user?=backup ...

(Not certain of the exact "with" option).

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)