Amanda-Users

Re: Configuring amanda backup using LUFS and vtapes

2005-04-07 09:32:30
Subject: Re: Configuring amanda backup using LUFS and vtapes
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:27:34 +0200
Hi, Vlad Popa,

on Donnerstag, 07. April 2005 at 00:05 you wrote to amanda-users:

VP> Well, I was able to mount that ftp-share and have some troubles, as
VP> softlinking seems to be disallowed on the share.
VP>  The way described in Stefan's Howto (the part  with the linking) is not
VP> working.

Doesn't it work in your specific case or do you see general problems?
AFAIK many people here have successfully used that HOWTO so I would
like to know about any problems left.

You do what? Mounting ftp-shares??

> The defintive aim is ,  to take   6 days incremental backups on vtape
> and on the 7th the full dump and to habe one vtape in spare (ie for
> experimenting ..)

Gene has already described the friday-tape-question:

http://www.amanda.org/docs/topten.html#id2519662

--
best regards,
Stefan