Amanda-Users

Configuring amanda backup using LUFS and vtapes

2005-04-06 18:08:18
Subject: Configuring amanda backup using LUFS and vtapes
From: Vlad Popa <vlad.popa AT sbg.ac DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:05:11 +0200
Hi!

One bavarian Bretzel and one bottle of dark Weissbeer for those helping me!

I was asking once ago, if it might be possible to use amanda for backup on a ftp-server mounted by LUFS (linux user file system).

Well, I was able to mount that ftp-share and have some troubles, as softlinking seems to be disallowed on the share. The way described in Stefan's Howto (the part with the linking) is not working. Any ideas for setting up 8 vtapes with 10GB space on this share and using the chg-disk script ? Any workarounds
?
The defintive aim is , to take 6 days incremental backups on vtape and on the 7th the full dump and to habe one vtape in spare (ie for experimenting ..)

Greeting from Salzburg

Vlad