Amanda-Users

Re: Configuring amanda backup using LUFS and vtapes

2005-04-08 17:09:53
Subject: Re: Configuring amanda backup using LUFS and vtapes
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:03:41 +0200
Hi, Eric,

on Freitag, 08. April 2005 at 21:33 you wrote to amanda-users:

EDR> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 08:29:17PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>> Hi, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki,
>> on Freitag, 08. April 2005 at 19:04 you wrote to amanda-users:
>> EDR> Which HOWTO is this? I'm sorry if the URL was already mentioned earlier
>> EDR> in the thread ... I seem to have missed it.
>> http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html

EDR> Ah. Ok, thanks. I've already read that one. It is very good

thanks ;-)

EDR> and I've got
EDR> things working fine with virtual tapes. One question ... why does it
EDR> skip from Step 5 to Step 8? not a big deal, just curious.

I think this skips because we all are human ...

;-)

Funny how long such mistakes keep hidden ... gonna fix that one,
thanks (gotta look up my early drafts for comparison ...)

EDR> I thought there might have been another HOWTO about copying vtapes
EDR> offsite.

Not yet ...

As all the backup-software-vendors yell "disk-based backups" now, we
should also get things going here.

If anyone using vtapes has already good practice in doing stuff like
so-called "disk-to-disk-to-tape" or similar, feel free to contact me.

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger