Amanda-Users

Re: NetApp request

2003-06-12 20:26:16
Subject: Re: NetApp request
From: Ashwin Kotian <ashwin_jk AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:23:41 -0700 (PDT)
How big are the filesystems that you backup from the
netapp filer ?
If you are happy using TAR for doing Amanda backups on
the Netapp, I'd like to try the same on my backup
host. Since my Netapp is at about 90 Gb usage with one
of the mounted directories close to 50 Gb, backups
using dump/restore fail for the Netapp.

Is the restore process starightforward, while
"amdumping" using the TAR program ?

Ashwin.