Amanda-Users

Re: NetApp request

2003-06-12 17:44:52
Subject: Re: NetApp request
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: George Kelbley <kelbley AT cs.unm DOT edu>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:33:33 -0500
--On Thursday, June 12, 2003 14:56:18 -0600 George Kelbley <kelbley AT cs.unm
DOT edu> wrote:

> I may be missing something simple here, but, we want to back up a
> Network Appliance using amanda.  2.4.4 seems to have patches to collect
> the correct size, and I installed the perl scripts and dump program that
> I found at www.xs4all.nl/~johnpc/amanda-netapp-dump-0.1/, but the dump
> script exits with "cannot handle dump", and I think its because it
> doesn't like the 'S' argument its getting from amanda.
>
> Since the 2.4.4 code has been patched for a NetApp, I'm assuming someone
> is actually using it?

Never tried the ndmp stuff since I started using Amanda before it was
included, so I NFS-mounted the NetApp filesystems on the backup server
and treat them as local disks.  Probably not quite as fast, especially
if you do client-compress and don't have a lot of CPU on the server, but
it works.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com