Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda thru a firewall

2003-06-09 15:12:14
Subject: Re: Amanda thru a firewall
From: Brendon Colby <bren AT midco DOT net>
To: "amanda-users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:12:16 -0500
On Monday 09 June 2003 08:53, Alex Specogna wrote:
> No you can configure Amanda to work through any firewall (including the
> PIX) we do it here. When you compile Amanda force it to use a specific
> range of ports.  Use the --with-tcpportrange=X,Y. Where X is the start and
> Y is the end of the range.

What about just allowing the backup server access to just those hosts which
need to be backed up? I guess I can see a slight risk, but access is allowed
from one machine.

I would just need to allow TCP? The FAQ mentioned doing the same with UDP
ports ( --with-udpportrange=xxx,yyy).

--
Brendon Colby
Systems Administrator