Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda thru a firewall

2003-06-09 09:58:50
Subject: RE: Amanda thru a firewall
From: "Alex Specogna" <Alex.Specogna AT cryptologic DOT com>
To: <bren AT midco DOT net>, "amanda-users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:53:11 -0400
No you can configure Amanda to work through any firewall (including the PIX) we
do it here.
When you compile Amanda force it to use a specific range of ports.  Use the
--with-tcpportrange=X,Y. Where X is the start and Y is the end of the range.

Configure the PIX to support the standard client connect port (10080/udp) and
the range and you're all set.

Alex Specogna
Senior Systems Administrator
CryptoLogic Inc.