Amanda-Users

RE: problems using amanda with xinetd

2003-06-09 15:22:54
Subject: RE: problems using amanda with xinetd
From: "Bernhard Beck" <bb AT collabrys DOT com>
To: "Mike Eldridge" <diz AT hiphopanonymous DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:20:20 -0700
I ran into something similar a while back that got me banging my head
against the wall, so here it goes...

Are you sure you are changing the xinetd config that is actually being used?
Assuming you are on RedHat or similar, are you changing /etc/xinetd.conf or
/etc/xinetd.d/amanda ?
I believe the xinetd.d entry takes precedence.

Are you restartting xinetd or just getting it to reload the config file?
restarting might be a safer bet.

Are you maybe accidentally running iptables on that interface?
/etc/init.d/iptables status might be enlightening here.

Do you see any effects changing when connecting after config changes?
What's the output of xinetd in the message log when it starts up?

Last resort: pull out tcpdump or ethereal and see what's actually happening
on the wire.

just my $.02

Bernhard