Amanda-Users

Amanda thru a firewall

2003-06-06 11:55:12
Subject: Amanda thru a firewall
From: "F.M. Taylor" <ccmike AT isugw.indstate DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:52:10 -0500
I am attempting to backup a system that is on the other side of an iptables/netfilter firewall. I have opened ports 10080 10082 an 10083 for udp and tcp. The system passes amcheck, but the dump give me this report. (dogs is in fact offline, I am trying to backup ftp)

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  planner: ERROR Request to dogs timed out.
  ftp        / lev 0 FAILED 20030606[could not connect to ftp]
  ftp        /home/ftp lev 0 FAILED 20030606[could not connect to ftp]
  dogs       / RESULTS MISSING
  dogs       /export/home RESULTS MISSING

All the other systems in this set backup just fine.

What am I missing here.

--
Mike Taylor. GSEC/GCFW 'Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis'
Coordinator of Systems Administration and Network Security