Amanda-Users

Re: problems using amanda with xinetd

2003-06-09 15:09:43
Subject: Re: problems using amanda with xinetd
From: Mike Eldridge <diz AT hiphopanonymous DOT org>
To: Wayne Richards <wrichards AT goodyear DOT com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:06:23 -0500
On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 02:36:57PM -0400, Wayne Richards wrote:
> Well, now Mike, here's my setup and it works fine:

:(

i've heard dozens of people say that.  i've tried dozens of permutations
of setup.

> {
>         socket_type             = dgram
>         protocol                = udp
>         wait                    = yes
>         user                    = amanda
>         group                   = disk
>         server                  = /home/backup/Linux-intel/libexec/amandad
>         disable                 = no
> }
>
> Other than the path to the server being different and having no server_args
> or
> groups line or having a disable line, the two configs look about the same.

i've tried with and without the groups, server_args, and disable line.
i've seen several configs with wait=no, so i tried that as well.  i've
even tried it without the wait line.  no effect.  :(

maybe i should replace xinetd on this machine...

-mike

   /~\  the ascii                                       save the whales
   \ /  ribbon campaign                                 feed the hungry
    X   against html                                   free the mallocs
   / \  email!