Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda thru a firewall

2003-06-06 12:23:22
Subject: Re: Amanda thru a firewall
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: ftaylor1 AT mymail.indstate DOT edu, amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 11:21:09 -0500
If you run a Linux 2.5 kernel there is Amanda support built in to the kernel
(actually its an option in the netfilter section of the kernel config, you
have to enable it).  On older kernels, your best bet is to rebuild your
Amanda server and clients using the 'portrange' options to limit Amanda
to a narrow range of ports and have your firewall rules allow traffic on
those ports between the client and server.
 Another option is to rsync the desired directories on the remote server
to somewhere local that you could then back up.

Frank

--On Friday, June 06, 2003 10:52:10 -0500 "F.M. Taylor" <ccmike AT isugw.indstate