Amanda-Users

Problems while generating indexes

2003-06-03 06:14:44
Subject: Problems while generating indexes
From: Stefano Coletta <creator AT mindcreations DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:11:02 +0200
Hello everybody,

after a successful backup I got the generated indexes of size 0 instead of the actual index while doing backup of native Cygwin amanda clients compiled by myself with the last cygwin package available.

At the moment the regular generation of indexes works only on a Windows 2000 Professional host with, obviously, the same version of amanda, libraries, compiler options, cygwin and so on of other clients. I can't figure out why on that host the generation of indexes works and on the others not.

I'll continue to make tests on other PCs to see if the operating system is the cause. In fact I've tried only with Windows 2000 Server and Advanced Server after seeing it behaving ok on Windows 2000 Professional.

From *nix clients the generation of indexes appears to be ok so I tend to exclude server side configuration problems.

Any ideas?

For who want to suggest to make a double check on the "compilation and so on..." to see if it is the same among all clients I'll say that I've prepared a unattended installation script that makes perfect identical installations with no human intervention so it is difficult to make mistakes launching an automated script.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Stefano Coletta

http://www.mindcreations.com