Amanda-Users

Re: Onstream ADR50 Block Size

2003-04-11 08:38:09
Subject: Re: Onstream ADR50 Block Size
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:09:34 -0400
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 07:10:09AM -0000, rwk AT americom DOT com enlightened
us:
> I just tried:
>
>   mt -f /dev/nosst0 rewind
>
> It prints:
>
>   /dev/nosst0: No such device
>
> I have never heard of /dev/nosst0.  What is it?

While the point may be moot, /dev/nosst0 on my box is major 206, minor 0.
I'm not sure where it came from as I inherited the system from the previous
admin and have never worked with one of these drives before. I suppose it's
worth a shot, but as Gene said, it might not be the problem.

I have CONFIG_CHR_DEV_OSST=y in my kernel config to enable that device. I'm
not sure if that's a patch or if that's in the standard kernel (again with
the inheritance).

Hope that helps...

Matt

--