Amanda-Users

Re: Onstream ADR50 Block Size

2003-04-11 05:46:06
Subject: Re: Onstream ADR50 Block Size
From: rwk AT americom DOT com
To: paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com
Date: 11 Apr 2003 08:14:41 -0000

> Oops, I did not read very well (or understood the implications of) this
> error. (not enough cafeine)

> > Thanks for your suggestions in any case and let me know if you have any
> > others.
>
> What if you use fixed blocks of 32k, instead of variable blocksizes?

I tried that and it displays the error:

"Invalid parameter"

or something like that...

> There is also an option "file-pad true" in the tapetype section to pad
> the last block to your blocksize (at least the option is there in amanda
> 2.4.4).

That would probably do it.  I'll check it it is available on 2.4.2

> > Do you run an adr50 successfully?
>
> No.  I just remember there were lots of issues with the OnStream
> devices.  Is there a possibility to update the drive's firmware?

The current version (which I have) is 2.39 and has been for years.  The
drive is no longer manufactured and there are no plans to update the firmware.