Amanda-Users

Onstream ADR50 Block Size

2003-04-10 22:38:05
Subject: Onstream ADR50 Block Size
From: rwk AT americom DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 11 Apr 2003 01:15:26 -0000
I am trying to run amanda 2.4.2 on Linux RH8.0 using an Onstream ADR50
drive.

I am having problems and I have tracked it down to a variable block
size issue.  for example, if I do the following:

     mt -f /dev/nst0 setblk 0
     dd if=/etc/termcap of=/dev/nst0 bs=32k
     22+1 records in
     22+1 records out
     dd: closing output file `/dev/nst1': Input/output error

It fails to write the last block (which is a short block).  Then I run:

     dd if=/dev/nst0 of=/tmp/test bs=32k
     dd: reading `/dev/nst1': Input/output error
     22+0 records in
     22+0 records out

and /tmp/test is missing the last part of /etc/termcap.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to solve it.

Needless to say it causes amanda to fail.

Thanks,
Dick