Amanda-Users

Yet Another Selfcheck Request Timed Out Problem

2003-04-11 09:11:46
Subject: Yet Another Selfcheck Request Timed Out Problem
From: Ralph Bearpark <yaamandaman AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:39:56 +0100 (BST)
Hi folks,

The replacement of a firewall computer, change of
server name, changes from fix-IP to DHCP (except for
the server!) have left Amanda a little confused here.

After going around the server and clients changing
.amandahosts and /etc/hosts files I am left with one
client that is being reported "selfcheck request timed
out. Host down?" on amcheck.  (amdump also fails with
"Request timed out".)

>From the client's amandad*debug file I see it does act
on something from the server (amandahosts security
check passed / running service "noop" / sending REP
packet) but doesn't seem to get the 2nd message to run
the selfcheck (no 000.debug file).

I guess the client's initial ACK is not finding the
server but I'm at a loss to know why.  I've tried
adding the server to the client's /etc/hosts (full and
short spec).  I've even remade/reinstalled Amanda on
the client and server to ensure the correct server
name is taken.   But still the same client times out.
The other 4 are just fine.

I'm running Amanda 2.4.3 on Redhat Linux 2.4.7-10
(server) and 2.4.18-27.7.xsmp (client).  (All are
within the firewall).

Any ideas here?  Please.

Regards, Ralph.

Yahoo! Plus