Amanda-Users

Re: Onstream ADR50 Block Size

2003-04-11 16:09:58
Subject: Re: Onstream ADR50 Block Size
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: hps AT intermeta DOT de, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:55:06 -0400
On Fri April 11 2003 11:29, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> writes:
>>>If you're still willing to bet your data on such a drive, you
>>> can configure Amanda to put all backups on the holding disk and
>>> then flush them to the tape. By flushing you won't get any
>>> writing time gaps and the backup will succeed.
>>
>>I have to ask, how does one go about doing this?
>
>The easiest solution is to allow Amanda to write level 0 dumps to
> the holding disk and don't put a tape in the drive. :-) That's
> what I did.

I was hopeing for a bit more exotic solution, like a ./configure
option or an argument that could be passed to amdump 6 days, and a
amflush done on the 7th, or something alone those lines.

That of course should work, but requires some intelligent human to
do, as opposed to something that cron could do.  Like here where if
it wasn't for amchecks nudging, I'd forget to change tapes at least
once a week.  I've never been able to get cron to reach out to the
drive and load 4 new tapes in it when they are due :)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: