Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda not scheduling dumps properly

2003-02-12 19:54:11
Subject: Re: Amanda not scheduling dumps properly
From: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:37:40 -0800
On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 06:05:03PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> If you want to continue using software compression (let's amanda be more
> accurate), then turn off compression at your tape drive.

For the life of me, I can't find how to disable hardware compression.
Drive is a Quantum TH5AA DLT 4000.  I found the Product Manual on
Quantum's site, and it mentions that you *can* disable compression, but
neglects to say how.  Nothing I can find does :-(

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/