Amanda-Users

Re: amflush seg faults?

2003-02-12 17:35:32
Subject: Re: amflush seg faults?
From: Ryan Cleary <tryanc AT interdimensions DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:04:38 -0500
John wrote:

I run amflush with -f to get more. Ah ha! A seg fault! That's better -
now I know that something is being broken. I can't tell what though.
Perhaps an amand guru can enlighten me, or offer some advice on where to
look next.

I was having the same problem. There's a double free in amflush.c and holding.c. I applied the patch Brad Roberts sent to the amanda-hackers list a few weeks ago, and that fixed it. I put the patch I used on a webpage if you can't find it in the archives:

http://people.interdimensions.com/tryanc/amanda-2.4.3-badfree.patch

Hope this helps.

-Ryan

--
T Ryan Cleary <tryanc AT interdimensions DOT com>
PGP:  82 93 32 D7 3A AC C0 8D  34 56 96 CC DA DB 5E 2B