Amanda-Users

Re: Backup problem

2003-02-04 16:59:18
Subject: Re: Backup problem
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Angie Yee" <angie.yee AT capcis.co DOT uk>, "James Thorne" <j.thorne AT kew DOT org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:20:53 -0500
On Tuesday 04 February 2003 12:00, Angie Yee wrote:
>Hi James,
>
>I have tried always-full instead of nocomp-user for the disklist
> last night. However, when I check the backup tape this morning,
> that is no backup action actually taken last night.  It means all
> the data has not been backup last night.  Would you please help?
> Thanks.
>
>BR,
>Angie

You (or whoever is named in the amanda.conf file as the designated
person to send reports to) should have received an email from
amanda, and that will contain the failure message also. I suspect
that an always-full might have resulted in a backup bigger than the
available media, so amanda bailed out.