Amanda-Users

libwrap refused connection to amandaidx

2003-02-03 08:28:26
Subject: libwrap refused connection to amandaidx
From: Jeff Borders <jeff AT jeffborders DOT com>
To: Amanda-Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 03 Feb 2003 07:47:10 -0500
Hello,

amcheck reads ok.  I've got the standard xinetd.d setup that I've read
in the docs:

# default: off
#
service amanda
{
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = backup
        server                  = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
}
# default: off
#
service amandaidx
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = amanda
        only_from               = 192.168.2.3
        group                   = backup
        server                  = /usr/local/libexec/amindexd

}
# default: off
#
service amidxtape
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = backup
        only_from               = 192.168.2.3
        server                  = /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
}
I've put this in my /etc/hosts.allow:

--snip--
amandad: 192.168.2.3    #my ip address
amandaidxd: 192.168.2.3
amidxtaped: 192.168.2.3
--snip--

But I'm still getting:

xinetd: libwrap refused connection to amandaidx from 192.168.2.3

I run /usr/local/sbin/amrecover -d /dev/nst0.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. Jeff Borders