Amanda-Users

Re: Backup problem

2003-02-03 08:57:41
Subject: Re: Backup problem
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: Angie Yee <angie.yee AT capcis.co DOT uk>, "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:12:18 +0000

Angie
normally amanda will balance the backups so that it will only do full backup every now and again with incrementals in between.

How are you attempting to restore the file? If you use use amrestore from the client in question it will tell you which tape it needs for a specific tape.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

Angie Yee wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a problem with the amanda backup.
All the files are not seems fully backup to the backup tape every time.

For example, file A and file B are stored in the same folder C.  However,
there was only file A has been found in backup tape which under folder C.  I
have no idea why since I am a newbie and all the configurations was pre-set
by someone.

Please find an attachment of amanda.conf file.  Would you please advise
where is it gone wrong?

I am using amanda version 2.4.2p2.

Thanks very much for your help.

BR,