Amanda-Users

Re: Backup problem

2003-02-03 08:59:48
Subject: Re: Backup problem
From: James Thorne <j.thorne AT kew DOT org>
To: Angie Yee <angie.yee AT capcis.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:26:09 +0000
Angie,

Can you post your disklist on the list? Which of the dumptypes are you using? Depending on the dumptype, you may not have amanda to do a full backup of each filesystem every night. If a file has not changed, it *may* not be backed up (depends on the dumptype set in the disklist) as amanda already has a current copy of the file.

To force a full backup every night, use the dumptype 'always-full' already specified in your amanda.conf.

I hope this helps.

James.

Angie Yee wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a problem with the amanda backup.
All the files are not seems fully backup to the backup tape every time.

For example, file A and file B are stored in the same folder C.  However,
there was only file A has been found in backup tape which under folder C.  I
have no idea why since I am a newbie and all the configurations was pre-set
by someone.

Please find an attachment of amanda.conf file.  Would you please advise
where is it gone wrong?

I am using amanda version 2.4.2p2.

Thanks very much for your help.

BR,
Angie

--
UNIX and Comms, Computing, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Tel:   +44 (0)20 8332 5729